Friday 12 October 2012

Thai-style fishy congee (nicer than it sounds)

Tiny, dried fish in my congee remind me of Thailand
This congee I top with fish sauce, chillies and spring onion. I cooked the rice with a couple of chicken carcasses and a bit of sea salt, nothing else. LT, who doesn't usually feel like breakfast much, loved it. Needless to say, I love this too - it's one of the few things that fills me up until lunch. And it makes me think of the time when I would eat this kind of breakfast sitting on a cushion, looking out over the beach in Koh Tao, breathing in the familiar smells and basking in the warm humidity, as the sun rose over the sea

2 comments:

  1. Hi, that sounds great, it caught my eye as we are off to Phuket at Christmas time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lucky you, have fun green thumb!

    ReplyDelete