Friday 31 October 2014

Fancy sweet potato mash for Halloween

As you may have guessed from the name of this blog, I am a fan of mashed potato. I love it for it's unfussy, simple honesty and rustic charm. I don't write about it because it's a sure thing. Everyone knows Mashed Potato. But today, for Halloween, I decided to dress it up like this
That's sweet potato and sweetcorn mash up there with crispy crayfish, toasted sesame seeds (Oh my God - delicious), green chillies, spring onions and some paprika-infused Argan oil my love brought me from Morocco. I cooked the corn on the cob and unpeeled sweet potatoes together in salted water, until soft. I kept the skin on the potatoes as this is where most of the vitamins are (read: because I'm a bit lazy), and mashed them with more sea salt, black pepper and goat's butter. I then added all the fancy stuff, which you can substitute for other fancy stuff if you like

No comments:

Post a Comment