Tuesday 6 July 2010

Bucatini with courgette/zucchini

I discovered this dish when reading an article about various local dishes in different parts of Europe - it is the only part of the article that stuck with me for some reason. Apparently, it is a very common dish for fisherman in a certain part of southern Italy (presumably on days when they don't have fresh fish). I don't know what pasta they use, but I do know that it works well with both bucatini (which I am slightly obsessed with at the moment) and ordinary spaghetti


Ingredients

Bucatini pasta (aprox 100g per person)
Courgette (1 per person) - thinly sliced
Garlic clove
Juice of half a lemon (per person)
Some garlic salt
Olive oil
Black pepper




Sometimes, you don't want to spend ages in the kitchen - you need to do some work, or the cleaning, or whatever, and need something simple, tasty and light. This is the dish for those kind of moments. You cook the pasta in plenty of water, and on a frying pan fry the courgette slices until they get slightly burnt. Then add the garlic, and squeeze the lemon in. Finally, add the pasta to the frying pan and mix together really well, adding garlic salt and black pepper. I am off to Poland tomorrow, therefore have lots of loose ends to tie up, and no time to cook. Whilst there I will cook as many summery Polish dishes I can - I get annoyed about how Polish restaurants always serve pierogi and bigos in the summer, because I don't know anyone in Poland who would eat that kind of food at this time of year - and report back next week

And here's another courgette recipe


No comments:

Post a Comment