Tuesday, 12 June 2012

Butter beans with majoram and tomato aka "Brittany-style beans"

I have just returned from a short stay in Belgrade, which I will tell you all about as soon as I've had a moment to digest it all. It's one of those places that stays with you, and despite the short amount of time I spent there, I feel like I have brought a bit of it back with me. I feel more romantic, more emotionally honest and more chilled out about time. But before Belgrade, I had to take my baby, Coco (that's my cat to those of you who don't know us personally), to her grandparents house, and this is where we made butter beans beans "Brittany-style". They are, of course, Polish-style, for as you know the Poles have strange ways of naming things, which are sometimes relevant to where the dish came from and sometimes not relevant at all. I'm afraid that I don't know which one of the above the "Brittany-style beans" are... They are, nevertheless, one of mine and my dad's favourite dishes. What's in a name when something tastes this sweet
Ingredients

Butter beans (2 tins)
Bacon
Onion
Chopped tomatoes (1 tin)
Majoram
Paprika


Fry the the chopped onion and bacon bits for a few minutes. Add plenty of majoram - don't be shy - and some paprika, perhaps a teaspoon. Once they're all glossy, add the tin of chopped tomatoes and the drained butter beans. Cook for a further 20-30min all together. You can eat this with warm crusty bread, or with your dinner as we did. You can see it up there with some mashed potatoes, beetroot and a duck's bottom. I've just realized that I'm probably being weird again - by duck's bottom I mean not the actual bum, just the sort-of-tail-bit at the end of the body, attached, of course by it's very nature, to the bum. Am I the only one?

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,

    We've recently launched the site Alldishes.co.uk where users can search through hundreds of thousands of recipes from UK and Irish food sites and food blogs.

    We noticed that you have a great number of tasty recipes on your blog and would like to suggest you have a look at our Top Food Blogs section here: http://www.alldishes.co.uk/top-food-blogs

    If you want to add your food blog to the list and have your recipes indexed on Alldishes.co.uk, all you have to do is follow the instructions here: http://www.alldishes.co.uk/add-your-food-blog

    Our concept is already live in Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Spain, and we deliver thousands of visitors to food blogs daily. Some of the top food blogs receive 20,000+ visitors from us on a weekly basis. You can also find us on Facebook by following the link below: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alldishescouk/228445677248636

    Hopefully your food blog will be up there in the top!

    Warm regards,
    Senka
    RecipesUS.com, Hittarecept.se, Findeopskrifter.dk, Alleoppskrifter.no, Todareceta.es

    ReplyDelete